Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas - 2013 almost over

It has been a while since I posted, I see, so this is just an update. I continue to teach real estate at Mesa Community College, and just completed the fall 2013 semester. It has been a great job because most of my students are working toward their appraisal certification, and my students are brilliant.

Last month I presented Child of the Cult at a regional conference of the International Cultic Studies Association. The audience was mostly former cult followers and people born or raised in a cult. Before the conference I printed copies of the book on my own computer and nearly sold out what I brought. Aside from the limited edition sold at the conference, the book is only available as a Kindle edition (click the title above to see the book at Amazon.com).

Other exciting news: the University of Illinois Press will publish the e-book version of Betrayal of the Spirit, due January 31, 2014. This has been a long time coming, but it is exciting to finally see the electronic version published.

Most of 2013 I was assisting two writers with their own books, one a memoir and the other a self-help book for golf fanatics. Yes, if you play too much golf, and you get too emotional when your game spirals downward, there is help.

Besides teaching and writing, much of my time goes toward property management. The condos got new flat roofs this year, which we will be paying off until May. After that we may update the landscaping, build a new boat dock, and update all the outdoor plumbing. We will see what the new year brings.

My other blogs that I update on a regular basis are Steamboats.com (news and info. on paddlewheel steamboats, established in 1998) and Surrealist News (my political blog, formerly known as Pray for Peace News, established in 1996). I have also been active on Facebook, which I plan to continue. I will try to remember to post at The View from Here on Blogspot, but if you want to hear from me more often, set a bookmark for Steamboats.com or Surrealist News.

My sincere best wishes to all for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment